Private Product Management and Product Marketing Training
On-site courses and workshops customized for you
Many clients choose our proven 3-day public course while others prefer a more focused approach. Either way, we will work with you to create training that fits your needs and then deliver at a time and location that suits you.
Why choose private product management training?
- Learn best practice. Gain the skills needed for a full range of product-related activities.
- Tailored to your needs. Focusing on specific problem areas and using your company’s products in exercises.
- Complete confidentiality. Allows full and open discussion without worrying about exposing company secrets.
- Build team spirit and efficiency. Builds a common language and expertise across the team. Reenergizes and inspires.
- Practical approaches. Tools, templates and checklists that can be taken straight back to the office rather than academic theories.
- Expert instructors. With in-depth product management experience across a wide range of companies and industries.
- Invest in your employees. By offering certification and showing a commitment to building a professional product management team or department.
- Big return on investment. For 6 or more people, an on-site course is usually the most cost-effective approach.
Clients often ask us to address specific issues during the training
We start with a call to understand your objectives and discuss any specific product issues you may have in your business. Following this, we provide a clear and detailed proposal with suggested course content and pricing.
We typically see a mix of different roles attending – Product Managers, Product Marketers and Product Owners. We find that everyone benefits from an understanding of the full context of the different roles. Those who are new rapidly build their skills and knowledge. More experienced participants get an excellent refresh and broadening of their skills.
What does the training include?
What is the experience like?
Courses are a mix of presentation, discussion and exercises. Our aim is to embed learning and keep participants engaged and energized. You can see what the experience is like in the video below on the left. See what a past client says about our private training in the video on the right.
What is covered?
The training is designed to meet your needs using modules from our 3-day course (see below) and an extensive library of additional material. This is always customized to spend more time on the issues that are important to you and to use your companies’ products in key exercises.
- Module 1: The product management and product marketing roles
- Module 2: Market analysis
- Module 3: Developing propositions
- Module 4: Business cases
- Module 5: Pricing
- Module 6: Product development and requirements
- Module 7: Launching and in-life management
- Module 8: Product strategy
- Module 9: Personal effectiveness
Many clients ask us to deliver our flagship 3-day course as it covers the full range of product management activities and they can offer certification to their employees.
Is the training certified?
Training based on the 9 modules in our standard 3-day course can include Product Focus certification. Our certification demonstrates that participants understand how to apply best practice tools and ideas in real-world situations. Candidates take an online exam after the course and if successful become a Product Focus Certified Product Manager. More details here.
What additional resources are provided?
Participants are given binders of the slides and detailed notes on over 20 product management tools. In addition, they get soft copies of the tools, templates, and checklists taught on the course and all our best practice resources (15 Product Management Journals, 8 Infographics and 2 Industry Reports).
What support do you get after the course?
All delegates are provided with 12 months’ access to our Toolbox. This provides online, secure access, to alumni-only content including all our tools, templates and checklists as well as our webinar training videos. The Toolbox also provides convenient access to all our infographics, reports, and Journals. Delegates may also sign-up for free emails and webinars. These sources of insight help them find the tools and approaches they need to complete any product management or product marketing activity.
Is there pre-training work for participants?
We normally send participants a pre-course questionnaire, which allows us to understand more about current roles and learning needs.
Why Product Focus?
What makes us the best?
- Our flagship 3-day course. For the past 10 years, we’ve been constantly updating the course to keep it relevant and current. And we get lots of feedback as it runs somewhere in the world every week. Plus we pack everything you need into an intensive 3 days rather than a series of 1-day workshops.
- We have the experience. We’re thought leaders and recognized global experts in product management. Our reviews and assessments give us unparalleled access into product management at industry-leading companies. It doesn’t matter if you’re a B2B, digital B2C or service organization – if you work with multiple products in multiple markets, we can help.
- Our unique frameworks are simple to understand and apply. And our huge range of Journals, Infographics, Webinars, and Reports are highly valued.
- We deliver high-quality training. We’ve taught thousands of people and worked with hundreds of companies. Our public courses are independently reviewed (CourseCheck score – 4.7 out of 5 stars) and we deliver a memorable and highly effective training experience.
- We promote a flexible approach. We provide a range of industry-leading tools and ideas to apply based on a company and individual context (rather than promoting a rigid methodology).
- We are global. Our team of instructors has extensive experience leading international product management and product marketing teams. We’re the European leaders in product management training and operate across the world.
- We know world class product management is key to a successful business. As a leadership role, it brings the business strategy to life, delivers more profit and cuts waste.