Private On-Site Product Management and Product Marketing Training courses
On-site training and workshops tailored for you.
Our private product management courses improve your team performance. We deliver workshops and training tailored to your needs, at a time and location convenient for you.
We typically see a mix of different roles attending e.g. Product Managers, Product Marketers, Product Owners. We find that everyone benefits from an appreciation of the full context of product management, what the different roles do and the opportunity to build relationships.
Customised training and workshops
Clients often ask us to address specific issues in their business.
We start with a meeting to understand your objectives and discuss any specific product issues you may have in your business. Following this we provide a clear and detailed proposal with suggested course content and pricing.
Workshops focus on solving a particular issue at a company. For example, we’ve helped companies improve their requirements process, generate product strategies and develop proposition templates.
Drawing on our expertise and facilitation skills we make sure our product management courses generate high-quality and relevant deliverables.
Why choose private product management training?
- Training tailored to your needs. This can include focusing on specific problem areas with exercises based on your company’s products or including details of your processes and governance.
- Complete confidentiality. Private training allows full and open discussion by delegates without worrying about exposing company secrets.
- Build team spirit and efficiency. Private training builds a common language, understanding of best practice and level of expertise across the team.
- Practical approaches. We teach tools and techniques that can be taken straight back to the office rather than academic theories.
- Value for money. If 5 or more people are trained then an on-site course can be the most cost effective approach.
Who will deliver the training?
Product Management courses are delivered by highly experienced product managers who work in the industry and who give insights into the reality of product management and product marketing in leading businesses today.
What is the format?
The training is delivered at your offices or a suitable local venue. Regular class discussions and team exercises embed the learning and keep delegates engaged and energised.
What does the training include?
Delegates are given comprehensive training notes in binders, a soft copy set of best practice tools as well as the latest Product Focus Journal.
Is the training certified?
Training based on our public 3-day course can include certification of delegates. Certification demonstrates that delegates understand how to apply best practice tools and ideas in real-world situations. Candidates sit an online exam after the course and if successful become a Product Focus Certified Product Manager. Employees see this as an investment in their professional development and as a tangible benefit to them from the training. More details here.
Is there pre-training work for delegates?
This is optional – however usually we send delegates a pre-course questionnaire. Based on this we compare their background, role and day-to-day activities against the industry norm and provide a confidential report during the training.Please contact us for a discussion
3-day Product Management and Product Marketing courses
Product Management and Product Marketing for technology-based products.
What is the objective of the 3-day course?
Product management and product marketing are at the core of any business that sells products. However, in our experience their full potential is often limited by lack of experience and poor training. Our 3-day course sets out to address this by covering all the key areas – focused on technology-based industries. This is the course we wish had existed when we started out!
What are the benefits of the 3-day course?
Delegates get to share their views, develop a common language and discuss the best approach to tackling their product management and product marketing challenges. In addition delegates:
- Become more effective – by learning a full range of skills, tools and best practice.
- Gain confidence and insight – through a thorough understanding of their role.
- Improve the quality and speed of their work – by applying industry-leading tools, templates and checklists.
- Are better motivated – as the course engenders an approach where delegates take ultimate responsibility for the success of their products.
Who should attend?
The training provides a comprehensive grounding in product management and product marketing for people new to the role and an excellent refresh and broadening of skills for more experienced staff. As a Product Owner your role may extend to include much of the content we cover.
What is the course format?
All of our 3-day product management courses are delivered in 9 modules over 3 days. The course modules are:
- Module 1: The product management and product marketing roles
- Module 2: Market analysis
- Module 3: Developing propositions
- Module 4: Business cases
- Module 5: Pricing
- Module 6: Product development and requirements
- Module 7: Launching and in-life management
- Module 8: Product strategy
- Module 9: Personal effectiveness