Product Management and Product Marketing for technology-based products
Comprehensive 3-day course
Anyone can attend our flagship 3-day public course. It covers all the key areas of product management and product marketing with a focus on technology-based products, B2B, digital B2C or Services – if your company works with multiple products in multiple markets, this is the course for you.
For the past 10 years, we’ve been constantly updating the course to keep it relevant and current. We’ve trained thousands of people and their feedback is invariably excellent. In fact, we’re so confident of the quality we’ll refund your fee if you don’t think your skills or understanding have improved.
See what past participants say below.
April 10-12 2019 – Register now – 2 places available
April 24-26 2019 – Register now – 1 place available
Who should attend?
The course will benefit anyone who is new to product management and product marketing. However, we also find more experienced participants get an excellent refresh and broadening of their skills. We typically see a mix of different roles attending – Product Managers, Product Marketers and Product Owners as well as those with no experience at all.
What are the benefits of the 3-day course?
The course provides a comprehensive grounding in product management and product marketing.
- Become more effective. Learn the full range of skills, tools and best practice used in leading companies today.
- Gain confidence and insight. Through a thorough understanding of your role and by sharing experiences with peers from other companies.
- Improve work quality and speed. With practical tools, templates and checklists that can be taken straight back to the office.
- Get certified. Become a Product Focus Certified Product Manager and demonstrate your commitment to professional development.
- Expert instructors. With in-depth product management experience across a wide range of companies and industries.
- Learn the vocabulary. Learn the terminology of product management – especially useful if English is not your first language.
We teach you how to think like a professional product manager/marketer.
What is the price?
The course is priced at £1,590 plus VAT tax per participant in London until the end of March and £1,670 plus VAT tax from April onwards. There is no VAT tax (20%) to pay if your company has an EU VAT number.
The price per participant in Amsterdam, Berlin, Munich and Paris is €1,870.
The price per participant in New York is $2,370.
If you are registering for several participants, please call to discuss pricing.
If you’re registering for the course using a non-company email address, immediate payment will be required by credit card to confirm your place.
What is the course format?
The course is delivered in 9 modules over 3 days from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (9:30 am on the first day). Learning is embedded through industry examples mixed with interactive exercises and discussions to keep everyone engaged.
We run our public courses at specially designed venues in central London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Munich, Paris and New York. We don’t think people concentrate well in dingy hotel basements so our rooms are flooded with natural daylight to keep participants awake. There’s an endless supply of tea, coffee and sweets … and the food is excellent too!
Click on the video below to get a feel for what the experience is like.
What does the course cover?
- Module 1: The product management and product marketing roles
- Module 2: Market analysis
- Module 3: Developing propositions
- Module 4: Business cases
- Module 5: Pricing
- Module 6: Product development and requirements
- Module 7: Launching and in-life management
- Module 8: Product strategy
- Module 9: Personal effectiveness
Who will run the course?
Courses are run by highly experienced product managers who work in the industry and who give insights into the reality of product management and product marketing in leading businesses today.
What does the training include?
The course includes all course materials as well as lunch and refreshments each day.
As a participant, you are given a printed reference binder that includes all the slides from the course and a book that provides detailed guidance on the use of more than 20 product management tools. You will also be given a soft-copy set of best practice tools, templates and checklists as well as a boxed set of all 15 Product Management Journals (value £99).
The option to take the Product Focus certification exam is also included in your course fee.
Product Management Certification
The certification exam tests your product management knowledge and how you would deal with typical product management and product marketing issues. Successful completion will qualify you as a Product Focus Certified Product Manager. The opportunity to become certified is included in the price of the course but taking the exam is optional.
The exam is taken online. It is a mix of multiple-choice questions and questions that require short written answers.
It is not a memory test, so you can use reference materials as you would in real-life. All questions can be answered using the training course notes and Product Focus Journals.
Further details, including how to access the exam, will be emailed to you at the end of the course. The exam will take around ninety minutes to complete and must be completed within two weeks. We will then mark it and get back to you with a simple pass or fail. If you fail you, will be given one more attempt to pass. To preserve the integrity of the exam, the correct answers are not provided.
If you pass, you will be sent a certificate and added to our directory of Product Focus Certified Product Managers. Click here for more details.
Is there any pre-course work?
There is no set pre-course work, but we recommend thinking about what you’d like to get from the course and making a short list of what’s working and what’s not working at your company.
You won’t need your laptop; all the materials are provided – as well as free food and drink.
Where will the course be run?
Why Product Focus?
What makes us the best?
- Our flagship 3-day course. For the past 10 years we’ve been constantly updating the course to keep it relevant and current. And we get lots of feedback as it runs somewhere in the world every week. Plus we pack everything you need into an intensive 3-days rather than a series of 1-day workshops.
- We have the experience. We’re thought leaders and recognized global experts in product management. Our reviews and assessments give us unparalleled access into product management at industry-leading companies. It doesn’t matter if you’re a B2B, digital B2C or service organization – if you work with multiple products in multiple markets we can help.
- Our unique frameworks are simple to understand and apply. And our huge range of Journals, Infographics, Webinars and Reports are highly valued.
- We provide high-quality training. We’ve taught thousands of people and worked with hundreds of companies. Our public courses are independently reviewed (CourseCheck score – 4.7 out of 5 stars) and we provide a memorable and highly-effective training experience.
- We promote a flexible approach. We provide a range of industry-leading tools and ideas to apply based on a company and individual context (rather than promoting a rigid methodology).
- We are global. Our team of instructors all have extensive experience leading international product management and product marketing teams. We’re the European leaders in product management training and operate across the world.
- We know world class product management is key to a successful business. As a leadership role, it brings the business strategy to life, generates more profit and cuts waste.