Making the best of challenging times
We’ve run our Product Management Review process many times with leading product companies to optimize the product management in their business.
As a product management leader, a review gives you the confidence to know your company is delivering world class product management.
And it’s something we can easily do with you remotely.
Why Product Focus?
We use our proven Product Management Review process to investigate product management at your company. We conduct extensive research in your business to analyze and benchmark your product management against leading product companies. We then design a program of continuous improvement with you – a roadmap for your product management.
Our research can be carried out on-site, or more appropriately at this time, remotely using video communication.
So what do you get…
- Independent industry-leading expertise : We’ve worked with hundreds of companies and thousands of product managers . We know what works and what doesn’t.
- A flexible and agile approach : We use unique proprietary tools like our Maturity Model and Product Activities Framework. These allow us to pinpoint common issues and their solutions quickly and minimize the disruption to your business.
- Benchmark against leading product companies : Our unparalleled database of past reviews is used by our consultants for insights and best practice.
- A practical and impartial partner : We give you practical recommendations that will have a big impact on your business. Our research shows that over 65% of our recommendations are implemented within 12 months.
- Confidence : That you have the plans in place to deliver world class product management.
Following our session last week with Product Focus we were delighted with the result. Your consultant hit the ground running to gather information on the business by speaking to the relevant parties. Their knowledge of the industry and context was like they worked within our business. They had a very engaging style, which helped the team to be open … there was the right mix of high-level overview, specifics and practical suggestions, tools and frameworks to implement the improvements we had identified.
Some examples of our work
US Financial services company
- Taxonomy definition: workshop to define taxonomy levels and the naming to use across the business
- Roadmaps: facilitated workshops with each team, agreeing a common roadmap structure and ensuring draft roadmaps defined for all products
- Prioritization approach: Common structure defined to drive consistent prioritization approach aligned within the business
African Solar Energy Business
- New Product Development (NPD) Process: updated and all templates improved
- Proposition: customer needs analysis and personas now routinely used
- Roadmaps: used by hardware team and visible to those that need to see across the business
- Strategy communication: 3 year strategy defined and communicated from management team to improve bottom-up alignment
- Management team governance: redefined to improve decision-making at working level vs. management level