Product Management Reviews and Assessments
We’ve been doing product management for over 25 years. One thing we’ve learned is that the management of products is done differently from business to business.
The way product responsibilities are split between teams varies. And what’s best practice depends on a number of things … your development approach, types of products and lifecycle stage, as well as your market conditions and the size of your business.
This makes it difficult to know if what you’re doing is good, bad or indifferent.
We can help
Our Product Management Assessment is a structured review of your product team or department. The output is a set of practical recommendations to answer questions such as:
- Are we set up right and using best practice?
- How do we move from a project to a product-based approach?
- How do we make our product management world class?
We use various proprietary tools to investigate product management at your company, analyze our findings and make our recommendations. Our Adaptive Product Governance Framework can be applied in most businesses to review and refine your product development and product lifecycle management processes.
“Following our session last week with Product Focus we were delighted with the result. Your consultant hit the ground running to gather information on the business by speaking to the relevant parties. Their knowledge of the industry and context was like they worked within our business. They had a very engaging style which helped the team to be open … there was the right mix of high-level overview, specifics and practical suggestions, tools and frameworks to implement the improvements we had identified.” Head of Business Strategy, UK Healthcare
Please contact us at email@example.com.
Product Management Assessment
We start by scoping out the assessment so we both understand what will be covered, the timescales, costs, and deliverables. The focus and level of detail is set by you.
All our assessments are undertaken by senior Product Focus consultants and the high-level process is shown below.
Why Product Focus?
- Our experience. We have worked with hundreds of companies and thousands of product managers. We know what works and what doesn’t.
- Our proprietary tools. Through our research and experience, we have developed a set of tools that allow us to quickly pinpoint common issues and their solutions.
- Our database of past assessments. An invaluable resource used by our consultants for insights and best practice.
- Our annual industry survey. Another resource for our consultants that allows comparison against the industry norm.
- Our practical approach. As independent and impartial experts we make sure we give you practical and useful recommendations that will have a big impact on your business.
If you’d like to find out more, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.