We have worked with a wide range of companies developing digital online services.
These range from growing start-ups to large established businesses. Products are usually Software as a Service (SaaS) developed using Agile approaches and aimed at both B2C and B2B markets.
The challenges we see depend on factors such as the size and maturity of the business, product complexity, and the number of markets served. Common issues include:
- Introducing product management process and governance into an Agile-orientated culture
- Effective prioritization across multiple product teams
- Evangelizing the value of the product management role within the business
- How product management should work with single, cross-functional teams
- Balancing responsibilities for internal platforms and external products
Many companies have run private on-site training courses for their teams. This has helped establish a common way of working and addressed specific issues. Others have sent delegates to our public courses where they get a chance to learn with peers from other industries.